Continuing Education

Continuing Education
The beauty of life-long learning!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

To the future!

As I mentioned previously, technology will continue to progress and it is our job as educators to stay up on the trends.  It will be really exciting to see all of the changes that will be taking place.  But how can we ensure that our skills will be in line with the needs of the students of the future?  I think it will be important to evaluate or knowledge and skill of technology as well as our teaching strategies.  Here are some questions we as future educators should be asking ourselves:
  1. What is my knowledge of the latest technologies in education?
  2. Do I provide opportunities for students to engage in technology to meet their learning objectives?
  3. Is my classroom a learner directed atmosphere?
  4. Are there opportunities for collaboration?
  5. Do my teaching strategies utilize a wide variety of activities and media to accommodate various learning styles?
  6. Do I incorporate enough visual media?
  7. Do I facilitate the course in a manner that allows the learner to achieve the learning objectives?

To be an effective educator you must evaluate your knowledge and use of technology to promote successful learning and engagement and collaboration are really key to promoting successful learning environments.

Attached are some articles regarding using technology as a successful educational tool.          

No comments:

Post a Comment