Continuing Education

Continuing Education
The beauty of life-long learning!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Next Generation

Technology just keeps advancing whether we want it to or not.  I am fascinated by new technology but also a little frightened.  While most of us educators are struggling to adapt to the learning preferences of the Net-generation the next generation, the Neo-millenials are going expect more advanced and varied learning styles than ever before.  The Neo-millenials are going to be used to immersive environments and augmented reality and it will be our job as educators to adapt to these varied learning styles and preferences.  Second Life is a perfect example of the learning environments this generation will come to expect.  I have posted a YouTube video example of Second Life.  I hope you enjoy the video and I look forward to your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Neo-millenials? What a term to define our children's generation! I agree...this new world of technology is a little overwhelming at times...and changes so quickly that it can be hard to keep up. I think second life is an interesting example...so virtual, but sadly for me less compassionate, whichis something this generation lacks!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete